RSS

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? GRILLED CAPRESE & CROUTON SALAD

My great-auntie's best friend, Peggy D. bought me some lavender infused balsamic vinegar up in Santa Fe a couple of weeks ago. I'm in love with this sweet & tangy balsamic so I had to try it out on something I'd really  be able to taste it in.


GRILLED CAPRESE & CROUTON SALAD
serves 4

4 slices whole grain bread
1 C grape tomatoes, halved
6 oz part skim mozzarella balls
3 T chopped fresh basil
2 T olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/8 t pepper

Place bread slices on the rack of a medium hot grill.


Place tomatoes in a grill pan on grill next to bread. Cover and grill for 1-2 minutes or until bread is toasted and tomatoes are charred, turning bread once and shaking pan with tomatoes occasionally.

Cut bread into half inch pieces.

In a large bowl, toss the bread in with tomatoes, cheese, basil, oil, vinegar and pepper.




1 comments:

Blessed Family said...

That looks awesome...Thanks for sharing...

Post a Comment