RSS

RECIPE #90: CHOCOLATE EASTER EGG NEST COOKIES

Why oh why am I making these types of things when I'm on a strict diet? 15 lbs down...4 more weeks to go. I didn't taste them, but Ryan & Canaan give 2 thumbs up. God is definitely teaching me self control...I'm my own temptress! 



CHOCOLATE EASTER EGG NEST COOKIES

1/2 C milk chocolate chips
1/3 C dark chocolate chips
1/2 stick unsalted butter
3 T corn syrup
5 shredded wheat biscuits
Candy coated mini eggs (I used Hersey's candy coated milk chocolate eggs.)

Put chocolates, butter & corn syrup in a saucepan together over low heat. Stir occasionally until completely melted. 

In the meantime, crush the shredded wheat into a bowl with your fingers.

Line a baking sheet with foil or waxed paper or spray muffin pan(s) with non stick spray.

Remove melted chocolate mixture from heat. Stir the shredded wheat into the chocolate mixture and stir until coated.

Spoon 6 to 12 mounds (depending on how large or small you want them) on baking sheets or into muffin pans, shaping into rounds with dips in the centers. 

Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour until set, then carefully peel or take the nests out and fill with mini eggs. 


2 comments:

Tori said...

Adorable :)

plasterer bristol said...

There are gurt lush

Post a Comment