RSS

WHAT WE'RE SERVING? SIDE DISH IN A SPLIT: CUCUMBERS & CARROTS


I'm sitting in worship today when it was announced that it was potluck today. WHAT?! Where have I been? I seriously LOVE potluck at our little church. We have some of the best cooks and we all pride ourselves in bringing a little deliciousness from our own kitchens. What was I going to do?

As soon as the amen was said, I politely said hello to a few people and rushed out, grabbing some cucumbers that one of the farmer's wives had brought for anyone to take home.

After rushing home, I quickly washed the cucumbers and grabbed some carrots that I'd bought at the local farm a couple of days ago. I used my crinkle cutter for some interest but you could julienne, chop, dice, etc. Toss the cucumbers & carrots in a bowl. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar on top, at least 4 T but I'd suggest more. We buy our balsamic vinegar at Oleaceae in Old Town Santa Fe, NM. Today I used Lavender Balsamic vinegar. YUM! Now squeeze half a lemon onto the salad and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss and voila! The rest is history. Ryan couldn't believe how fast I came up with that and proclaimed, "It's so bright tasting and balanced!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment