RSS

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP

I've gone gluten free to help my nursing daughter and I with rosacea and some other symptoms so I'm trying to come up with recipes I love and this is one of them. There were no leftovers, if that tells you anything.

You can make this in a stock pot on the stove or in a crock pot.

Make a roux with 3T butter, 2T cornstarch or flour, 1/2 C chicken broth and 2 C milk. Add 1 can Rotel, 1/2 C chopped onions, 1 can enchilada red sauce & 2 chicken breasts. On stove top, bring to boil then reduce to medium heat stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through (20-30 minutes). Or in crock pot on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken, shred and place back in soup. 

Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, etc. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment