RSS

WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST? MAGIC MUFFINS with Malt O Meal

My mother used to make these for us and now I make them for Canaan...maybe a couple for me too.

This recipe is on the side of the box of Malt O Meal but I've given you a few healthier choices to sub in for original ingredients.

MAGIC MUFFINS

1 1/4 C flour
1 C Malt O Meal (original, Maple & Brown Sugar or Chocolate flavored Malt O Meal)
1/3 C sugar or powdered stevia
3/4 C milk
1/4 C vegetable oil or apple sauce
1 egg or 1/4 C egg beaters
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients until moistened. Pour batter into greased or paper lined muffin pans about 3/4 full. Bake 18-20 minutes. 

Box says it makes 12 but it made 18 for us. Maybe I should have filled them a little fuller.



FOR all my VEGAN friends:


1 1/4 C flour
1 C Malt O Meal (original, Maple & Brown Sugar or Chocolate flavored Malt O Meal)
1/3 C sugar or powdered stevia
3/4 C soy or almond milk
1/2 C vegetable oil or apple sauce
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla


1 comments:

Charenn29 said...

oh! a healthy recipe. good one!

Post a Comment