RSS

RECIPE #64: CHEESY BLACK EYED PEA DIP

I was saving this recipe for New Year's as it's good luck to eat black eyed peas then but as I'm not the lucky type nor do I believe in luck, I thought there's 6 inches of snow out, why not?! I didn't really feel like cooking dinner tonight either but I needed to, of course, so I made dips. Yes, I know it's not the best choice for dinner but I chose "healthier" ones and this is one of them. Hey, the boys loved them!

CHEESY BLACK EYED PEA DIP
serves 8

1 stick butter
1/2 med chopped onion
8 oz sharp cheddar
2 (15 oz) cans black eyed peas
1 diced & seeded jalapeno
2 small fresh (frozen) green chilies
1/2 t garlic salt

In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add onion & saute until they're translucent. Turn heat to low, add cheese, stir until melted. Add black eyed peas, jalapeno, green chilies & garlic salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve hot with chips, pita chips and/or vegetable sticks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment